Acquire and develop compositional technique, from starting with basic ideas and moving into more advanced writing. Area’s covered include melody writing, how to work with chords, setting words to music, dealing with texture, structure, how to write a song, and a host of other issues. This series, presented to you by ABRSM Examiner Gareth Green, will guide you through each area step by step in a clear and informative manner, lesson by lesson. All our videos are recorded in full high definition for maximum viewing quality.
After your payment has been successful you will automatically receive an email with a link to access and download the product. If you are having trouble and need more help then take a look at our Help & Support page and Frequently Asked Questions. If you still need help send us a message using the help form at the bottom of the page.
Take a look at our free lessons from our composition course. If you are interested in downloading additional videos take a look at the packages below.
This package contains a total of 15 videos, detailed below.
- Lesson 1 – Dealing With Chords 1
- Lesson 2 – Dealing With Chords 2
- Lesson 3 – Cadences
- Lesson 4 – Composing from a Chord Scheme
- Lesson 5 – Composing from a Melody
- Lesson 6 – Setting Words to a Rhythm
- Lesson 7 – Diminished 7th Chords
- Lesson 8 – Neapolitan 6th Chords
- Lesson 9 – Augmented 6th Chords
- Lesson 10 - Other Chromatic Chords
- Lesson 11 - Dissonance & Suspensions
- Lesson 12 - Writing Effective Harmony
- Lesson 13 - Texture
- Lesson 14 - Structure
- Lesson 15 - Writing a Song
All prices exclude VAT